USG plaster bonder is a vinyl acetate homopolymer emulsion used to bond new plaster to any structurally sound interior surface. The product is available clear or tinted pink to allow visual confirmation of application where desired. It is a liquid that may be applied by brush, roller or spray in a uniform coating. When dry USG plaster bonder forms a film that rewets when plaster is applied to provide an integral, strong, durable bond. It is compatible with gypsum plaster, cinder block, stone, gypsum drywall panels and other similar materials; should not be used around swimming pools or in exceptionally moist or humid areas. Do not apply to the underside of concrete roof decks.
USG plaster bonder is required for applications of plaster over DUROCK® brand cement board, FIBEROCK® brand abuse-resistant gypsum fiber panels and monolithic concrete. When applying the USG™ decorative interior finish system, use only USG plaster bonder clear, since the tinted (pigmented) bonder will show through the colored finish.
- Provides enhanced and fortified adhesion to a wide variety of sound substrates.
- Compatible with a large assortment of gypsum- and cement-based plasters.
- Easily applied by brush, roller or spray to a uniform continuous film.
- Tinted to allow easy visual inspection when required.
- Film dries quickly for same day use, or may be left unplastered for up to 10 days.
- Minimum order quantity required. See a team member at your nearest store for more details
Dimensions: 1 Gallon
Brand Name: USG Brand
Please Note: Prices, promotions, styles and availability may vary by store and online. While we do our best to provide accurate item availability information, we cannot guarantee in-stock status and availability as item quantities are constantly changing throughout the day. Inventory last updated 5/21/2013 at 5:00am CT. Rebates are an in-store service; therefore online purchases do not qualify towards rebate redemption.