2" x 8" x 38' Laminated Column 2400
Model Number: 1106709
Menards® SKU: 1106709
Description & Documents
Laminated columns are designed to replace standard treated posts as vertical supports in building construction. Custom fabrication allows the columns to be designed and manufactured for each individual buildings specifications. Columns are commonly made of 3 Ply, 4 Ply or 5 Ply; 2x6, 2x8, 2x10 or 2x12 lumber. Columns are available in lengths up to 60. The lumber components are precision cut and assembled together in a factory controlled environment with rivet clinched nails. The quality controlled factory production creates a consistently straight laminated column, which means faster installation and straighter walled buildings.
- 4 ply 2x8 2400 MSR Lumber
- Straighter and stronger than solid sawn wood posts
- Rivet clinched nails provide superior holding power
- Columns over 20' in length will have splices reinforced with 20 gauge stainless steel plates to maintain the structural integrity of the column
- Columns are pre-notched to allow the truss to sit firmly on the column
- Lower portion of column utilizes pressure treated lumber suitable for ground contact
- Pictures are for illustrational purposes only, actual column may vary.
Dimensions: 2" x 8" x 38'
To read PDF files, you need the Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 or higher. If you don't have it, click here and download it for free from Adobe's site.