Fin Pan ProPanel 1/2" x 3' x 5' Backer Board
Model Number: 1315090
Menards® SKU: 1315090
Description & Documents
The ProPanel® Backer Board is specifically designed for wall tile applications, and it offers distinct features over competitive products on the market. ProPanel® is made of high-density expanded polystyrene insulation reinforced, on both sides, with fiberglass mesh and a polymer cement coating. ProPanel Backer Board™ is lightweight, completely waterproof and easy to install. The ProPanel® 1/2" x 3' x 5' Backer Board™ is lightweight, at six pounds per board, making it easier to lift and carry. Although light, the 2-pound density foam core is stable and meets industry standards for compressive, flexural and tensile strengths. ProPanel Backer Board™ is engineered using a polymer cement coating that offers 100% waterproof protection. It's quick to install and cuts easily with a utility knife. Water stubs and fixtures are easy to cut out of the foam core. Because of its low-vapor permeance, ProPanel Backer Board™ eliminates the need for vapor barriers in shower applications. The ProPanel Backer Board™ requires additional accessories for installation, such as masonry nails, tab washers and siding sealant, which are sold separately.
- Requires Grip Fast 1-1/2" Metal Cap Masonry Nails which come in a 3-pound box (sold separately, see SKU 229-4531)
- Requires Tab Washers when using screws for installation (sold separately, see SKU 233-6710)
- Requires Loctite PL S40 Polyurethane Siding Sealant for installation (sold separately, see SKU 563-2677) as one tube can be used for three panels
- Engineered with a polymer cement coating that offers 100% waterproof protection
- Lightweight at six pounds per board
- Easy to lift and carry
- Easy to cut and install
- Faster installation
- For use under ceramic wall tile
- 35-year warranty
Dimensions: 1/2" x 3' x 5'
Shipping Dimensions: 60.0 x 36.0 x 0.5
Shipping Weight: 6.0 lbs
To read PDF files, you need the Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 or higher. If you don't have it, click here and download it for free from Adobe's site.