The ProPanel® Backer Board is specifically designed for wall tile applications, and it offers distinct features over competitive products on the market. ProPanel® is made of high-density expanded polystyrene insulation reinforced, on both sides, with fiberglass mesh and a polymer cement coating. ProPanel Backer Board™ is lightweight, completely waterproof and easy to install. The ProPanel® 1/2" x 3' x 5' Backer Board™ is lightweight, at six pounds per board, making it easier to lift and carry. Although light, the 2-pound density foam core is stable and meets industry standards for compressive, flexural and tensile strengths. ProPanel Backer Board™ is engineered using a polymer cement coating that offers 100% waterproof protection. It's quick to install and cuts easily with a utility knife. Water stubs and fixtures are easy to cut out of the foam core. Because of its low-vapor permeance, ProPanel Backer Board™ eliminates the need for vapor barriers in shower applications. The ProPanel Backer Board™ requires additional accessories for installation, such as masonry nails, tab washers and siding sealant, which are sold separately.
- Requires Grip Fast 1-1/2" Metal Cap Masonry Nails which come in a 3-pound box (sold separately, see SKU 229-4531)
- Requires Tab Washers when using screws for installation (sold separately, see SKU 233-6710)
- Requires Loctite PL S40 Polyurethane Siding Sealant for installation (sold separately, see SKU 563-2677) as one tube can be used for three panels
- Engineered with a polymer cement coating that offers 100% waterproof protection
- Lightweight at six pounds per board
- Easy to lift and carry
- Easy to cut and install
- Faster installation
- For use under ceramic wall tile
- 35-year warranty
Dimensions: 1/2" x 3' x 5'
MSDS Document: 109253_001.pdf
To read PDF files, you need the Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 or higher. If you don't have it, click here and download it for free from Adobe's site.
Please Note: Prices, promotions, styles and availability may vary by store and online. While we do our best to provide accurate item availability information, we cannot guarantee in-stock status and availability as item quantities are constantly changing throughout the day. Inventory last updated 12/6/2013 at 5:00am CT. Online orders and products purchased in-store qualify for rebate redemption. Rebates are provided in the form of a merchandise credit check which can only be used in a Menards store.