Measuring for New Cushions
2. Measure the width from side to side
3. Measure the thickness
b. Also take the width measurements in three different places to ensure consistency. If your measurements happen to vary then use the smallest measurement.
2. Measure the width of the seat from side to side (if the back of the piece is curved add an inch and a half).
3. Measure the back opening of the chair itself. If it has no opening then you may estimate 2-3 inches for wood furniture and 3-5 inches for aluminum furniture.
2. Measure the length of the seat cushion from seat fold to end
3. Measure the width side to side in front of the cushion fold
4. Measure the length of the backrest cushion from the top of the seat fold to the bottom
2. Measure the length of the backrest from top to bottom
3. Measure the width of the top back of the seat, the fold between the arms and the end of the seat from edge to edge. Use the measurement that is most narrow as your width.