Scan-Test 5-in-1 Multi-Scanner
Model Number: PD6902
Menards® SKU: 3644200
Description & Documents
Locate studs, metal or AC voltage behind the wall before cutting or nailing. Whether searching for studs or simply installing bracing, knowing what lies beneath the surface can ensure a safe work environment. The Scan-Test integrates multiple technologies into one easy to use tool. Scan the wall to find either wood or metal studs for secure installations, while avoiding metal pipes or other metal objects behind the wall. Cuts or nicks in the insulation of wiring can cause long-term problems in electrical systems and even cause unsafe working conditions, so avoid nailing to a live wire behind the wall by scanning for AC voltage with Circuit Alert technology. Correctly wired receptacles are a must, and this 5-in-1 multi-scanner includes an integrated outlet tester with GFCI test functionality.
- Combined multi-scanner and electrical tester simplifies installation of electrical boxes, switches and outlets.
- 3-selectable modes: stud scan, metal scan or AC Voltage
- Detects metal pipes or objects to a maximum depth of 2.5 inch through drywall
- Scans and locates wood or metal studs at a depth up to 0.75 inch
- Non-contact AC voltage detection (50-600V AC) to a maximum depth of 3.5 inch through drywall
- Integrated 3-wire wall outlet with GFCI test functionality
- Built-in metal tip for marking stud edge, pipe location or desired mounting point
- Over-molded rubber grips
- Audible and visual indication
- Operates from one 9 volt battery
Brand Name: Sperry Instruments
Please Note: Prices, promotions, styles and availability may vary by store and online. While we do our best to provide accurate item availability information, we cannot guarantee in-stock status and availability as inventory is sold and received continuously throughout the day. Inventory last updated 12/1/2015 at 5:00am EST. Online orders and products purchased in-store qualify for rebate redemption. Rebates are provided in the form of a merchandise credit check which can only be used in a Menards® store.