Applied to bare wood before staining, Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner helps prevent streaks and blotches by evening out the absorption of oil-based stains.
- Recommended uses - all wood types, especially soft or porous - common examples include pine, fir and spruce (soft) or maple, alder and aspen (porous)
- Application tool - cloth or brush
- Stain application - after 15 minutes, but no more than 2 hours
- Dry time - 15 minutes
- Cleanup - mineral spirits
- Coverage - approximately 500 sq. ft. per gallon
- Coats - normally 1, but additional coats may be applied on highly absorbent woods
- This item is not for sale to these states: AZ, CA, CT, DE, IL, IN, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, WA
Brand Name: Minwax®
MSDS Document: 103339_001.pdf
To read PDF files, you need the Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 or higher. If you don't have it, click here and download it for free from Adobe's site.
Please Note: Prices, promotions, styles and availability may vary by store and online. While we do our best to provide accurate item availability information, we cannot guarantee in-stock status and availability as item quantities are constantly changing throughout the day. Inventory last updated 12/8/2013 at 5:00am CT. Online orders and products purchased in-store qualify for rebate redemption. Rebates are provided in the form of a merchandise credit check which can only be used in a Menards store.