Water is passed through a bed of activated carbon, trapping tastes and odors (not hydrogen sulfide). Occasionally, the system needs to be backwashed to flush any trapped particles from the system. Activated carbon eventually loses its ability to trap tastes and odors, and the bed must be replaced. The carbon life is dependent on the amount of water used and the severity of the problem.
- Contains 1 cubic foot of activated carbon to remove objectionable tastes and odor from water
- Media may need to be replaced depending on amount of water used and severity of the problem
- Carbon bed is replaceable via special order
- Requires near-by drain for regular backwashing of filter bed
- Special order only (not available in stores)
- Professional application recommended
To read PDF files, you need the Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 or higher. If you don't have it, click here and download it for free from Adobe's site.
Please Note: Prices, promotions, styles and availability may vary by store and online. While we do our best to provide accurate item availability information, we cannot guarantee in-stock status and availability as item quantities are constantly changing throughout the day. Inventory last updated 6/18/2013 at 5:00am CT. Rebates are an in-store service; therefore online purchases do not qualify towards rebate redemption.