Store Return Policy
General Guidelines for your Return or Exchange:
- Any merchandise missing the original Universal Product Code (UPC) is only available for an even exchange on the identical product.
- Returned merchandise that was purchased while on rebate must have original rebate receipt. Without rebate receipt, the value of the rebate will be deducted from the return amount.
- Sale price adjustments will be allowed during the sale of an item when this item was purchased up to 14 days prior to the sale, an in-store credit will be issued for this balance. However, sale price adjustments are not allowed on end of season discounts, closeout items, or special promotions.
- Stock merchandise that is cut or altered may be subject to a 25% restocking fee.
Returns with a receipt within 90 days of purchase:
- Purchase made with cash or a debit card: a cash refund will be issued.
- Purchase made with a check: Refund will be issued in the form of an in-store credit if receipt is less than 14 days old. A cash refund will be issued if the check is more than 14 days old and you have no outstanding checks with us.
- Purchase made with a credit card: a credit will be issued to the account.
- Purchase made with an in-store credit or gift card: an in-store credit will be issued.
Returns with a receipt after 90 days of purchase:
In-Store credit will be issued for the original purchase price.
Returns without a receipt:
For transactions without a receipt, you may be able to print a Return Receipt if the original purchase was made by check or credit card by using the Return Receipt Kiosk that is located by the Guest Service Desk at any Menards store.
If in order, in-store credit will be issued - the lowest price offered including discounts due to coupons or rebates will be honored. We reserve the right to REFUSE a refund without a receipt. Returns of Holiday and Summer Seasonal Merchandise will not be allowed without a receipt. *A driver's license or state I.D. will be required. NO ID = NO RETURN
Returns of Special Orders:
Special order items may be refunded at Menards sole discretion with a 25% restocking fee.
Return of Gift Cards
Gift Cards are nonrefundable.
Exceptions concerning your return or exchange:
Return Policy varies by product type. These exceptions are denoted on the front of the register receipt in the following manner:
- (TD) 30 day over the counter exchange products may be returned or exchanged within 30 days of purchase with a receipt. No returns, refunds, exchanges, or credits, will be issued without a receipt. After 30 days, merchandise may be sent out for repair at the Guests expense, unless covered under warranty.
- (GP) Gas Powered items may be returned or exchanged within 30 days of purchase with a receipt if the item has not been used, in original package, and no gas was put into the item. If items do not meet these rules, the guest must take to an authorized service center for repair. If not under warranty, repair is at guest's expense. Returns, refunds, or exchanges must have a receipt.
- (HI) Holiday items may be exchanged for the same item or a similar item of equal value. If an exchange is not desired or a similar item is not available, the item will be refunded at the receipt price prior to the holiday. After the holiday, the lowest register clearance price for that item will be given.
- (SI) Seasonal items may be exchanged for the same item or a similar item of equal value. If an exchange is not desired, the item will be refunded at the receipt price if within 14 days of purchase; after 14 days, clearance price will be given if on clearance at time of return.
- (NR) Non-Refundable items, if opened or defective, are only available for an even exchange on the identical item. Delivery and/or installation services are not refundable.
- (PG) Plant Guarantee: Menards guarantees all perennials, trees, and shrubs for one year from date of purchase. Simply return the item with your receipt and we will gladly exchange or issue a refund of your purchase price.
- (MA) Major appliances may be returned or exchanged within 7 days of the purchase date if the item has a manufacturing defect, or within 30 days of the purchase date, if the item has not been used and in original package. If items do not meet these rules, the guest must contact the vendor for warranty issues/concerns or claims. Returns, refunds, or exchanges must have a receipt.
- (CI) Chemical items if opened may be exchanged for the same or similar item of equal value. If an exchange is not desired, the item will be refunded with an in store credit voucher. The guest is to keep the item being exchanged or refunded. Chemical items with nondefective containers and are unopened may be returned in accordance with the regular return policy.